Warning: Story contains shounen ai,
Bad language, violence, and pretty much everything deemed as
"unwholesome" by Focus on the Family. (My Arch Nemesis...) If you are
easily offended, do not read. Also, extra warning is attached to this due to
the "YUCK!" factor during some scenes. This is an AU, split off from the TV series at some indeterminate point, and should be treated as such. Many thanks to Laurel K. Hamilton for writing the Anita Blake novels, which inspired much of this and are occassionally borrowed from.
"The tone is just sarcastic enough and just genki
enough to be pretty much what *I* think the inside of Duo's head is like..."
"Yea! Action! Angst! Intrigue! ^_^ I want MORE of this."
"You have finally managed to
convince me that I absolutely HAVE to see Gundam WIng, and it was your
portrayel of Duo Maxwell in this particular fic that shoved me over the
brink. I have always intended to see GW, but now it's on my 'must see'
I really like duo's "voice" in this fic - it's so "real" - I read the novels
instead of watching the tv series, so I may not have the same take on a
character...shows attention to detail and precision in
word choice that I find impressive.
"I never would have thought of something so ingenious as the boys as slayers in the
first place, but this universe takes the cake! This is terrifying, truthful and fantastical
all in one story..."
||| The Story |||
Acherontia Atropos 2.0 - rewrite completed 2.24.04.
[All Parts in Text format]
Part 1 |
Part 2 |
Part 3 |
Part 4 |
Part 5 |
Part 6 |
Part 7 |
Part 8 |
Part 9 |
Part 10 |
Part 11 |
Part 12 |
Part 13 |
Part 14 |
If you still want to read the original version of Atropos, you can download it here as a Zip file.
||| Awards |||
Author of the month at GW Obsession!
||| Fanart |||
- By: Krista
- Alternate Cover Base Pic || Alternate Cover With Text || The roadkill gets up and follows me...
- By: Chelsea
- In the Shower
- By: Chelsea
- Shower Scene, take two (A re-do of the picture!)
- By: ChiBShinigami
- Alternative Cover - Duo the Badass
- By: Artchicbmp
- When Heero Died...
- By: Daemonchan
- There was a time...
- By: Shinigami no Miko
- The Book, Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3
- By: Beth
- Sketch of the shower scene
- By: Duos_Deathscythe
- I think I'm being followed...
||| Miscellaneous |||
- The Amazing 5 Sentence, Non-Spoiler Summary of Acherontia Atropos!
- Just what it sounds like. A little joke I wrote up because it was way too early and I was still asleep.
- The Meals Gundam Boys Eat
- More than you ever wanted to know about the eating habits of the Gundam Boys...
- Atropos for the Palm
- Thanks to a great guy named Brian converted Atropos into a format that can be read on palm pilots. Thank you!!
- Dream of Crimson
- A Weiss Kreuz fic with the vampire hunter flair. The author, Vikki, says that Atropos inspired her! WAI! It's an interesting fic, so take a look!
- Acherontia Atropos auf Deutsch
- Sinian has started translating Atropos into German. WAI!
Prologue | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
||| The Name |||
||So What IS Acherontia Atropos Anyway?
Acherontia atropos is what is commonly named the "Death's Head Hawkmoth." It is native to southern Europe, the Mediterranean, northern Africa, and Asia, and is notable because of the marking on its back, which is reminiscent of a skull (whence the name). If you've ever seen Silence of the Lambs, the Death's Head moth is the one pictured on the cover.
- This page has quite a few picture of the larva of this moth.
- A bit more about the moth and its larva...this page is in German. :)
- Acherontia atropos
- Extremely detailed information on the Death's Head Hawkmoth. Only one picture, though. ^^